Thursday, April 6

destiny

"so I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God's hands, but no man knows whether love or hate awaits him. All share a common destiny- the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not.
as it is with the good man, so with the sinner; as it is with those who take oaths, so with those who are afraid to take them.
This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: the same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of men, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. Anyone who is among the living has hope"
Ecclesiastes 9:1-4

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...I'm not sure I understand the first paragraph.

    I mean I understand that we all have evil in our heart, but those of us who are righteous, do we not have a different destiny? Do we not know what "await us" to some extent?

    Maybe I need to read it in context...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete