Tuesday, June 19

somethin' about David

so... I'll try to keep this short but I've been attending a Bible study at church and our subject has been David (King, man after God's own heart... you know who I'm talking about) anyway, I've always thought he was interesting, and so I was interested in this class. and then a friend told me that he'd just discovered Charles Spurgeon to which I told him that he'd have to pick up the combined devotional, "Morning & Evening" because it is wonderful, succinct and a great way to get to know the author, Charles.
sooooo after advising someone to pick up a book, I decided that maybe it was time for me to revisit my old copy. and I did
and the next day I read,
"look at David! Many will talk of his sin, but I pray you look at his repentance, and hear his broken bones, as each one of them moans out its dolorous confession! Mark his tears, as they fall upon the ground, and deep sighs with which he accompanies the softened music of his harp!"
seriously!??? could it be that Spurgeon was studying David at the same time that.... well, obviously not but I think it goes without sayin', "check out David" he was one dude. a dude that communicated really well with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment