Friday, November 21

better than good, the Best Eats

in the December issue of TexasMonthly there is a list of "The 40 Best Small-Town Cafes" across this great state, well I wanna share my list of the best "cafes" in the metroplex. you'll notice that I don't include pseudo home cookin' establishments. don't put anything in my mac 'n cheese that isn't mac or cheese. same goes for the BLT and grilled cheese sandwich. off the top of my head these are some of my favorites-
  • Barbec's
  • Metro Diner
  • Mama's Daughters
  • Cindi's
  • Highland Park Pharmacy
  • Lucky's

have I forgotten any? what are some of your favorite places to get a cup of coffee, slice of pie, maybe even a ham steak? has anyone been to Norma's in Oak Cliff?

2 comments:

  1. I like Original Market Diner on Harry Hines for Breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on HP Pharm, but Cindi's? Seriously? Not good. At all.

    ReplyDelete